One of the best daily practices that I follow is drinking a glass of freshly squeezed lemon water first thing in the morning (on an empty stomach).
I want to personally challenge every one of you to adopt this practice for 28 days. I know what you're thinking … but I always drink coffee as soon as I get up. Well, I'm not telling you that you can not drink coffee. I'd just like you to postpon that cup of coffee for 30 minutes.
If you want a simple and inexpensive way to improve the way you look and feel, take the 28 Day Lemon Water Challenge. Why 28 days? Because that's how long it takes to form any habit. And I'm confident after you feel the positive effects of this simple practice, it will easily become a part of your daily routine for the rest of your life.
Here's how the 28 Day Lemon Water Challenge works:
1. Wake up.
2. Go straight to the kitchen and pour a glass of room temperature water (if you have digestive problems, use hot water).
3. Cut a lemon in half (do not use bottled lemon juice as it can contain sulphites which a lot of people are allergic to).
4. Squeeze the juice of the lemon directly into the glass of water. Water should turn cloudy.
6. Repeat the next morning, etc.
I told you this was going to be simple. But why am I doing this?
Health Benefits of Lemon Water
1. Helps Liver Eliminate Toxins and Waste Products: the liver has various roles in the body including detoxification, protein synthesis, and production of bio chemicals to aid in proper digestion. Lemon water increases the livers detoxifying enzymes and helps the liver carry out these functions more efficiently.
2. Lemon Water is Alkalizing: the body functions best in a more alkaline state and cancer cells tend to breed in an acidic body. Unfortunately due to the foods most people eat, the things they expect their skin to, and the environment they live in, most people's body's are very acidic. Lemons are very alkalizing to the body and blood (although lemons are actually an acidic fruit).
3. Rich Source of Vitamins and Mineral s: rich in vitamin C (anti-oxidant, anti-bacterial, & helps immune system), vitamin B (energy production), riboflavin (tissue repair, growth, & development) and minerals like calcium , phosphorus, magnesium (these minerals all help build strong bones & teeth).
4. Terrific for Skin Care: Lemon water can act as an anti-aging remedy by removing wrinkles and improve the overall appearance of your skin. Your skin can not look healthy if your body is holding onto toxins.
5. Good for Weight Loss: Lemon water can help burn fat faster. When the liver is full of toxins it can not metabolize fats as efficiently.
These are just a few reasons to take the 28 Day Lemon Water Challenge.
Do not trapone taking this simple challenge. Implementing this into your daily routine can bring major positive changes to your overall health.
Other Ways To Add More Lemon
You can increase the nutritional content and add tons of flavor to your meals (especially chicken, fish, and as a vinaigrette over salads) by replacing the sugary, belly busting sauces with lemons. Adding lemons to water also adds flavor which can cause you to choose to drink water more often (we all know the importance of staying hydrated).
Click here to watch the video of a step-by-step description of how to make lemon water.
Start tomorrow morning. Enjoy!