Doctors generally recommend colon cleansing before certain medical procedures like colonoscopy. it's not generally recommended as a part of general health and wellness. The underlining is that the colon and the bowel have the natural capacity to eliminate deposited waste matter from the body. Therefore, the need to detoxify the colon through artificial means should not be necessary.
However, studies show that many people suffer from the ill effects of improper or insufficient elimination. Bloating, flatulence, weight gain, food cravings and so on are some of the symptoms of the same. These ill-effects do not go away unless steps are taken to clean the colon thoroughly.
Pros of colon cleansing:
- Toxins and accumulated waste from the entire colon get discharged and eliminated through the treatment.
- Accumulated mucus and other toxins are also flushed out.
- The treatment also includes introduction of healthy minerals into the stomach. Healthy bacteria are also introduced into the stomach. This enables long term health.
- As a result of effective colon cleansing, people experience freedom from problems of indigestion. Normal hunger levels are restored. Food cravings are destroyed.
- Enhances the strength of the immune system, thereby improving general health.
- When toxins get deposited in the body, people experience different kinds of discomfort. They may also feel depleted of energy.
- Many people lose significant amounts of weight as a result of detoxification.
- Following detoxification, the metabolism of the body is restored. This prevails quick gain gain and aids weight loss. This is particularly useful for people who have undergone yo-yo dieting.
- Natural relief from chronic constipation.
Cons of colon cleansing:
Doctors do not recommend colon cleansing as they have certain concerns regarding safety. Some of the concerns are as follows:
- Colon cleansing can lead to dehydration if proper care is not taken following the treatment.
- If the treatment is not under under hygienic conditions, the risks of infection and of bowel perforation are high.
- Colon cleansing may not be suitable for people suffering from kidney or liver diseases as colon cleansing could increase the level of electrolytes in the body, which is dangerous in such conditions.
Colon cleansing is a gentle procedure. If undertaken by experts, it can lead to better health and wellness of people. It is highly effective for weight loss. For this, the treatment must be combined with proper diet and exercise. Under such conditions, the metabolism fires up and people experience rapid, long term weight loss.